Dementia Friendly Communities Officer
It’s the little things that can mean such a lot to a person with dementia; like being given extra time to pay in a shop, having a helping hand when using transport, feeling welcome and safe in their community, enjoying meaningful friendships and activities and remaining a valued member of society.
Leeds Older People’s Forum has been awarded funding by Leeds North Clinical Commissioning Group to develop Dementia Friendly Communities in the North area of the city, building on the success of the city-wide Dementia Friendly Leeds project.
You will be passionate about improving the lives of people with dementia and believe in the power they and their communities have to make this happen, supporting communities in the North Leeds area to develop ‘Dementia Friendly Communities’ by:
- Developing a deep knowledge of the areas; their topography, organisations, businesses and key individuals.
- Involving local partners and local people living with dementia in the design of the project.
- Supporting individuals and organisations to take action to make their community dementia friendly.
- Recruit and co-ordinate volunteer Dementia Champions to deliver Dementia Friends sessions
- Signing-up new members to the alliance in the Leeds North CCG area with a particular focus on organisations within the two selected dementia friendly communities.
- Provide opportunities for members to come together to support and encourage each other
You will work closely with the Dementia Friendly Leeds Campaign Officer to help Leeds become a Dementia Friendly City.
email@example.com | (0113) 244 1697
Deadline: 9am, 2nd May
Interviews: 10th May