We are looking for individuals to help us develop and implement an effective communications strategy. This is a great opportunity to get involved and help with the overall mission of reducing social isolation in Leeds.
The group will meet on a regular basis to agree on and carry out actions related to a communications strategy. We need a strategy that will help Time to Shine maintain a high profile and communicate its goals, outcomes, and what we’ve learned to individuals as well as to the private, statutory and charity sectors.
Members of the group will volunteer their experience and expertise to support the staff team and core partnership of Time to Shine. The group will meet every two months or quarterly, depending on how the work develops, and will also communicate online. Members of the group will have input into how it should function.
Skills and Knowledge
We welcome interest from across the third, private and statutory sectors:
· Developing and periodically reviewing a communications plan
· Internal communications systems
· Developing campaigns on social issues
· Identifying opportunities for publicity
· Distributing relevant monitoring data to share good news and lessons learnt
· Reputation management and responding to negative publicity
· Social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest. Tell us a bit about yourself, your background and why this opportunity appeals to you, and we’ll arrange a time to meet.
As older people are at the heart of Time to Shine we would particularly welcome applications from people 50+ with the skills and knowledge to drive this group forward.