We have a few new updates this week for you – if you need any more information on any of the below please contact Hanna on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Farnley Friendly Faces at Farnley Neighbourhood ActionThis is a free service for individuals aged 60 and over (including those with memory loss issues), living in Old Farnley, New Farnley, Farnley and Moor Top. It provides one-to-one support for an older person, offering them some company, conversation and support from one of our friendly volunteers, which can be a one hour weekly visit. We are trying to reach out to those older people who may be on their own, have little social contact with friends and family or find it hard to get out. If you are interested in this service we accept referrals from individuals themselves, as well as other professionals (including GP’s), relatives and friends.To find out more, please give Grace a call on 0113 2632945 or come and see us in the office situated in Hillside Hall, Farnley Community Centre, Cross Lane, Farnley, LS12 5AA.
- Young at Arts- This is a list of all the new, one-off and existing projects running for over 55’s this Autumn
One off Events:
- A Play in a Day: 9th October at 11am www.yorkshiredance.com/commyouth/young-at-arts/a-play-in-a-day
- Silver Screen Dance: 29th October at 12pm www.yorkshiredance.com/commyouth/young-at-arts/silver-screen-dance
- Make a Film in a Weekend: 5th and 6th November at 10:30am at the Hilton Doubletree www.yorkshiredance.com/commyouth/young-at-arts/make-a-film-in-a-weekend
- Three months in Richmond Hill and three months in Morley:
Otley Action for Older People’s DAY OF DANCE for International Day of Older People
Are you looking for a fun way to keep fit, whilst enjoying time with your friends?
If your answer to this is yes then Otley Action for Older People are holding the perfect event for you.
On Friday 7 October they’re holding a Day of Dance at the Otley Methodist Church. The event starts at 12pm and finishes at 3:15pm. The programme for the day is as follows:
12 – 1 pm – Lindy Hop
1:15 – 2:15 pm – Zumba Gold
2:15 – 3:15 pm – Bollywood
Please call Otley Action for Older People’s office on 01943 463965 for more infomation.