Leeds City Council are launching Homeshare – a pilot funded by the Big Lottery in partnership with local providers including St Anne’s Community Services, Leeds Older People’s Forum and Care and Repair.
Homeshare will carefully match an older Householder with a room to spare with a younger person, who will provide an agreed amount of support to the Householder and receive affordable accommodation.
The Homesharer helps with daily living tasks such as; cleaning, shopping, gardening, overnight security and companionship.
Homesharing is a simple concept with numerous benefits.
For the older Householder:
· Support with everyday tasks enabling them to stay independant in their own homes for longer.
· Companionship and new relationships helping to combat loneliness and social isolation.
· Peace of mind knowing someone is in the home at night.
For the younger Housesharer:
- Affordable housing at a time of record housing shortages and rocketing rents.
- Companionship and new relationships in a comfortable family home.
- Homeshare is a great life experience and addition to a CV.
Homeshare is a safe and supported arrangement
Part of Shared Lives in Adult Social Care the Homeshare scheme carefully assesses applications. They take references, conduct enhanced DBS checks and have a thorough assessment and matching process to ensure risk and safeguarding issues are well managed.
To find out more about Homeshare give them a call on Tel: 0113 3785410 or email: email@example.com
They are happy to come out and talk to you and your team about what Homeshare can offer to the users of your service.
For more information please visit: www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/Pages/Leeds-Homeshare