At Time to Shine we see and read a lot of interesting stories and resources about older people. We share a few of these with you each month.
Here’s the latest selection:
- Sharing Power (Age Better in Sheffield)
- Ageing population? No problem. This is the pensioner village. A place where everything is designed for old people. (BBC World Service, on Twitter)
- Why does no one ever tell you how brilliant ageing can be? (Guardian)
- Over a third of Britons admit ageist behaviour in new study (Guardian)
- Leeds Playhouse pop up aims to tackle loneliness (YEP)
- IKEA designing homes adjusted for people with dementia (Design Boom)
- Optimism may hold secret to longer life (Guardian)
- Ageism: aging is not a disease (Refined by age)
- When we’re 64 – your guide to a great later life (Centre for Ageing Better)
- 100 coming ready or not Leeds 1152 gets ready for the new 2019 season (Better Lives for People in Leeds)
- ‘You become prisoners inside four walls’: Leeds pensioners demand their free TV licenses (YEP)
- The ‘time for you till’ shows how small changes can make a huge difference in later life (Centre for Ageing Better)
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.