At Time to Shine we see and read a lot of interesting stories and resources about older people. We share a few of these with you each month.
Here’s the latest selection:
- Older people urged to share experiences of ageism in new campaign (ITV)
- Sex, investigated: we are only just starting to realise how important sex is to older people (i)
- We must give future generations the gift of healthy ageing (Centre for Ageing Better)
- A bioethicist explains why older people should be allowed to change their legal age (AlterNet)
- How older people became the heroes of Extinction Rebellion (Guardian)
- I’m ageing, just like you: how to ensure equality at all ages? (Age Platform Europe)
- Spanish village has become a paradise for pensioners with handrails and wheelchair access (i)
- Let’s stop talking about technology ‘for’ older people (Centre for Ageing Better)
- Women not entitled to pension age change compensation, high court rules (Guardian)
- Esk Valley Railway – Dancing in the aisles on the forget me not train!! This has to be THE happiest train around right now!! What a fantastic day this has been See video (on Twitter)
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.