At Time to Shine we see and read a lot of interesting stories and resources about older people. We share a few of these with you each month.
Here’s the latest selection:
- You can’t pay cash here: how our newly cashless society harms the most vulnerable (Guardian)
- Why a Leeds theatre company aims to gather 1,000 stories of the city’s older population (YEP)
- Is your business inadvertently ageist? (CMI)
- How should employers adapt to an older workforce? (workingwise)
- How coronavirus exposed our society’s inherent ageism (New Statesman)
- Coronavirus: elderly suffering effects of isolation as 89% say their social contact has reduced significantly (Sky News)
- Older people aren’t being referred for mental health treatments < https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/19/older-people-depression-arent-referred-mental-health-treatment-12724766/ > (Metro)
- 6.4m over 70s worried about effect of Covid-19 on their lives (inews)
- ‘I miss people terribly’: the growing pain of older people’s isolation (Guardian)
- Age-friendly communities and Covid-19 (Centre for Ageing Better)
- How the raising of the pension age for 50s born women has fuelled poverty, ill health and depression (Westminster Confidential)
- Indoor physical activity for older people (Get Set Leeds)
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.