At Time to Shine we see and read a lot of interesting stories and resources about older people. We share a few of these with you each month.
Here’s the latest selection:
- Half of councils ‘unprepared’ for housing needs of ageing population (Home Care Insight)
- The NHS taking over social care would be a disaster. Make services truly local instead. (Guardian)
- Concern for older people’s mental health as free TV licences scrapped (Home Care Insight)
- Under the social services’ radar: community support to older people during the UK lockdown (LSE)
- Most 50+ adults say they’ve experienced ageism – most still hold positive ageing attitudes (psychreg)
- Are older workers at risk of ‘being left on the scrapheap’ in the wake of the Covid-19 crisis? (Centre for Ageing Better)
- Fear, loneliness and suicidal thoughts: how lockdown has made life worse for Leeds’ older people (YEP)
- One thing I hope we learn in the Covid-19 crisis – experience counts (Guardian)
- Why are older people happier but less confident? (Psychology Today)
- Disabled women over 11 times more likely to die of coronavirus (Disability Rights UK))
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.