At Time to Shine we see and read a lot of interesting stories and resources about older people. We share a few of these with you each month.
Here’s the latest selection:
- Ending ageism with Ashton Applewhite (Magnificent Midlife)
- The book about getting older (for people who don’t want to talk about it) (Waterstones)
- Improving support for older people with learning disabilities (Open University)
- Would you want a robot to be your relative’s carer? (Guardian)
- Armley Helping Hands has extended its reach to assist even more people in Leeds (YEP)
- Government faces legal challenge over guidance on care home visits causing ‘avoidable suffering’ (carehome.co.uk)
- Meet the Leeds theatre company dedicated to telling the stories of older people (YEP)
- Job hunting is scary as a greying, middle-aged woman, but for now I’m ditching he dye (Guardian)
- Tony Abbott: some elderly Covid patients could be left to die naturally (Guardian)
- How we rely on older adults, especially during the coronavirus epidemic (The Conversation)
- “It’s good for the brain”: how music can help people living with dementia (Guardian)
- Campaign to make Leeds the best city to grow old in (YEP)
- BAME over 50s likely to be among poorest 20% in England (Guardian)
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.