At Time to Shine we see and read a lot of interesting stories and resources about older people. We share a few of these with you each month.
Here’s the latest selection:
- Redundancies among over 60s soar as older people face ‘age discrimination’ among pandemic (i)
- Science can stop us ageing, according to a new book – but do we want it to? (Independent
- One of first people in UK to receive Covid jab says: “I feel it’s my duty’ (Guardian)
- ‘It was a little awkward’: how Rick Schatzberg shot his old friends topless (Guardian)
- Why age is often the “least relevant thing” when co-designing with the elderly (Design Week)
- Which countries have the most ageism? (Futurity)
- Beyond the bubble – ageing, solidarity and Covid-19 (Green European Journal)
- One in five older people in the UK have been abused, survey finds (Guardian)
- Being good at your job won’t stop age discrimination (The Conversation)
- The music project helping dementia patients find their voice during lockdown (Guardian)
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.