At Time to Shine we see and read a lot of interesting stories and resources about older people. We share a few of these with you each month.
Here’s the latest selection:
- Social care plan will help just a tenth of UK’s older people in need (Guardian)
- Leeds’ first ‘Age Proud’ festival encouraging older people… (YEP)
- The social care tax will hit poor pensioners (i)
- Loneliness, loss and regret: what getting old really feels like (The Conversation)
- Physical inactivity in mid-life is putting millions at risk of poor health… (Centre for Ageing Better)
- The power of intergenerational connections to reduce loneliness (next avenue)
- Over-50s want climate crisis addressed ‘even if it leads to high prices’ (Guardian)
- How older people are mastering technology to stay connected after lockdown (The Conversation)
- Research shows how badly the pandemic impacted older people (Social Care Today)
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.