At Leeds Older People’s Forum we see and read many interesting stories and resources about older people and ageing. We share a few of these with you each month.
Here’s the latest selection:
- Domestic abuse: more needs to be done to support older people (Age UK)
- Guide launched to help comms professionals talk about ageing (Centre for Ageing Better)
- Making homes fit for ageing and caring (Care and Repair England)
- Old and ageist: why so many older people have prejudices… (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Are people in their 50s and 60s ‘the forgotten generation’? (RetireEasy)
- Older people need better access to therapy for depression (Guardian)
- Healthy ageing in an era of climate change (Oxford Institute of Population Ageing)
- Ethnic minority older people, histories of structural racism and Covid-19 (Manchester University)
- Is the experience of ageing in England getting worse? (Centre for Ageing Better)
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.
Communications Officer, Time to Shine