Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month.
In December, among other activities, we have…
- run an advent calendar campaign on Twitter, with our learning resources as daily gifts’
- launched Warm & cosy, with funding from Independent Age, and assessed applications to be delivery partners
- published blogs to share our learning related to food and to grief
- planned Working with older people peer learning sessions, a programme of short courses for people supporting older people in their work
- started to plan the monitoring and evaluation processes for Be Online, Stay Safe (BOSS), our new Media Literacy programme
- published a learning briefing to share delivery partners’ views on monitoring and evaluation processes
- released a bumper Christmas edition of Unlocked including a Warm Spaces guide and articles written by local men.
- worked in partnership with Leeds Libraries to plan for each of them to be Age & Dementia Friendly organisations
- held a Christmas gathering to say thank you to the Age Friendly Steering Group for all of their hard work in 2022
- shared the Leeds Up and Go DEEP Group Dementia Enquirers Report:“Instead of the door being closed, let it be open” Can a dementia diagnosis open doors to new opportunities?
In January 2023, we expect to…
- move our contacts list to a different database (yawn…) We will be in touch with everyone on our mailing list to make sure you are receiving the communications you want
- host a Men’s Health Unlocked (MHU) Networking meeting (18 January) featuring Dr Robin Hadley (leading researcher into men who grow old without children, and its impact on loneliness). Contact MHU for details.
- be busy reading all the quarterly monitoring returns from Enhance and Travel Connections delivery partners
- host a Wise Up to Ageism session (18 January) as part of Working with older people peer learning sessions
- work on the 1001 stories takeover at the Playhouse with the Age Friendly Steering Group
- finalise plans for the Cycle with Confidence Senior Spin Classes in partnership with Active Leeds