Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month.
In February, among other activities, we have…
- hosted a mini conference: ‘Enhance partnerships, enhance people: sharing learning from year 1 of the Enhance programme’, at Beeston Village Community Centre
- launched Healthy, warm and well grants for organisations to support older people.
- promoted the new collection of images of diverse older people – part of the Centre for Ageing Better’s bank of positive images
- Supported the exhibition, Overlooked: People of Leeds as you’ve never seen them (Leeds City Museum until 25 June)
- reached a total of 93 Age and Dementia Friendly businesses in Leeds
- held the first two classes for Senior Spin at John Smeaton Sports Centre – fully booked with 28 participants and a waiting list!
- ran webinars about Social Isolation and loneliness, and Reducing barriers to Engagement using person-centred working
- ran a series of monitoring and evaluation induction sessions for Warm & Cosy grant recipients
- submitted an expression of interest for Motability funding to continue key elements of Travel Connections after May 2023
- promoted the fantastic 1001 Stories events that have just been announced
In March 2023, we expect to…
- Share details of our Year 2 plan for the Enhance programme
- Select evaluation partners for Year 2 of Enhance
- welcome our 100th Age and Dementia Friendly business in Leeds!
- run a Co-Production training course(fully booked but please email about the waiting list), and a webinar on Making Space for Friendship
- receive end of grant monitoring from organisations receiving Household Support Fund grants and Healthy, Warm and Well grants