Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month.
In April, among other activities, we have…
- launched the new Enhance programme at an event bringing together all 14 delivery partners
- submitted a detailed business case for the Government’s Tackling loneliness with transport fund
- welcomed Rachel Standish into the Friendly Communities team.
- hosted a well attended workshop on the State of Ageing in Leeds, with Jo Volpe (Centre for Ageing Better) with presentations from 3rd sector partners.
- published end of project reports on In Mature Company and Carers Connections
- continued to work with Leeds Community Healthcare Trust to develop robust monitoring and evaluation processes for Enhance
- organised a session for the Age Friendly Steering Group on Lasting Power of Attorney, led by our Age and Dementia Friendly solicitor Clarion, to raise awareness and to explore how Clarion can make the process more Age Friendly.
- welcomed three new members to the Age Friendly Steering Group
- organised a workshop (delivered by Vision Zero) for the Age Friendly Steering Group and Age Friendly Ambassadors on eliminating road deaths and improving road safety
In May 2022, we expect to…
- publish some of the remaining Time to Shine end of project reports
- receive a decision from the Department for Transport on our Travel Connections funding bid
- complete individual contract meetings with all Enhance delivery partners.
- host an Age Friendly Ambassador get together (11 May)
- support Dementia Action Week, including a public Dementia Friends session (17 May)
- appoint a new Administration Officer
- attend a Crossgates Shopping Centre event, to attract more businesses to be Age & Dementia Friendly