Help us spread the message
Age Friendly Ambassadors are adults of any age who take action to help raise awareness and spread the Age Friendly message to others. They are people from organisations, businesses or communities who help make Leeds an Age Friendly city.
Ambassadors can promote Age Friendly Leeds within their workplace, sports team, place of worship, with family and friends or anywhere in their community. You can find out more about Age Friendly Leeds and the ambassador role by watching this short film.
Who are we looking for?
The role would suit anyone who is willing to connect with others and is passionate about making Leeds Age Friendly. An ambassador may contribute on a regular basis, by promoting and supporting Age Friendly initiatives, or may instead wish to find ways to link their ambassador role with the work they already do.
What does an Age Friendly Ambassador do?
The Age Friendly Ambassador role is a flexible one, both in terms of time commitment and types of activities undertaken. Here’s a few examples of the kinds of things you’d be expected to do –
- Raise awareness and promote Age Friendly initiatives within your workplace, community or to the general public.
- Spread the message, talk to people about it – be an age positive champion.
- Feedback information or questions from your organisation or community to the Friendly Communities team.
- Share Age Friendly content on social media.
- Make sure the voice of older people is heard by encouraging people to take part in consultations, campaigns and other opportunities for people to contribute.
- Encourage change when services are inaccessible or exclude older people, making suggestions for adaptations and signposting for advice and guidance.
- Promote Age Friendly initiatives such as Come in and Rest, encouraging take up.
- Get involved in the Age Proud Leeds campaign and encourage others to do so.
- Encourage local businesses to sign up to Age and Dementia Friendly initiatives.
What support and benefits are available?
All Age Friendly Ambassadors receive the following –
- Age Friendly Ambassador resource pack and badge.
- Opportunities to meet the Friendly Communities team and other ambassadors at one of our ‘Welcome Sessions’.
- Opportunities to share ideas and make recommendations to Age Friendly Leeds.
- Ongoing support from the Friendly Communities Team.
- Friendly Communities newsletter.
- A way for your business or organisation to show your commitment to making Leeds an Age Friendly city.
We’re always looking for new An Age Friendly Ambassadors for Leeds. We run regular welcome sessions to give people the chance to to meet other ambassadors and learn more about the work of Age Friendly Leeds. If you’d like to come along to a welcome session, simply let us know when you sign up as an ambassador and we’ll get back to you with forthcoming dates.
If you have any questions about the Age Friendly Ambassador role, please contact our Friendly Communities team.