Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month.
In March, among other activities, we have…
- worked with Forum Central to award £287,364 to 64 organisations in Leeds through the Household Support fund, to support individuals with fuel and food costs.
- reached a total of 99 Age and Dementia Friendly businesses in Leeds
- taken part in a briefing on the Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SMHA), which will help the city decide the number and types of houses we need, including for older residents.
- presented the Enhance Programme to staff within the Leeds Community Healthcare triage hubs and the Community Assessment Discharge team to reach those who need support at home after a hospital stay.
- developed a rationale for the allocation of funds for year 2 of the Enhance programme
- facilitated a 60+ focus group for Life Band for UK Research and Innovation
- signed up 14 Age Friendly Ambassadors and delivered a welcome session
- been contacted by an IT company called XMA who are offering laptops at a cheap price to charities as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility. XMA is an IT supplier to central and local government as well as the NHS. They are offering two laptops (Tactus Geobook at £85.00 incl. VAT/Chromebook at £99.00 incl. VAT) and have 14,000 devices to sell. Anyone who would like to buy one can contact Chris at XMA directly, delivery is free of charge. His email address is Christopher.Cotterill@xma.co.uk
In April 2023, we expect to…
- reach our 100th Age and Dementia Friendly business
- publish an evaluation report sharing findings from the first year of Enhance
- inform Enhance delivery partners of the plan for year 2, including programme outcomes
- seek applications for an external evaluation partner for the Enhance programme
- begin working with the local authority on their Taxi Vehicle Conditions Standard Review
- deliver our first in person Wise Up To Ageism to one of our Age and Dementia Friendly Organisations – Abbey Grange Medical Practice
- attend and support the 1001 Stories Take Over event at Leeds Playhouse
- support all four of our local partners as they start the delivery of BOSS with free courses to help older people to be active and safe online.