Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month.
In August, among other activities, we have…
- published the latest Enhance learning briefing, made up of real-life stories from our delivery partners.
- ran an online welcome session to new Age Friendly Ambassadors
- delivered the Age Friendly Steering Group’s site report on Leeds Train Station to Network Rail.
- worked on an audit of memory groups to check what is open, what has changed and what is important to people attending the groups
- worked with the Age Friendly Steering Group and Rachel O’Gorman (City Centre Officer, Leeds City Council) on the new city centre access map.
- started work on Driving Change Together (funded by the Road Safety Trust)
- ran a workshop to support LOPF members to apply for the Community Organisations Cost of Living Fund
- ran Dementia Friends sessions for Belle Isle Senior Action, Connect in the North and Neighbourhood Action in Farnley, New Farnley and Moor Top
- signed up 16 new organisations as Age and Dementia Friendly, including 9 Anchor sheltered housing properties, Connecting Leeds and the BME Dementia Service.
- published the results of our 2nd Trending Elders survey, which raised five prominent issues
- published blogs about new Friendly Communities Officer Tony’s role in developing the Age Friendly Ambassador scheme, and showing how even ‘digital natives’ (such as our Administrator, Jenni) can struggle with things like transport apps
In September 2023, we expect to…
- award grants for International Day of Older People
- run the first of four webinars on Winter hubs: finding the older people you’d really like to welcome (developed with the other Good Practice Mentors, nationally). The session will be full of practical tips and quick wins.
- roll out the Good Practice Mentors’ autumn programme of events – useful for anyone addressing social isolation and loneliness
- publish a report on the impact of LOPF’s Healthy, Warm and Well grants
- submit a stage 2 bid to Motability for a Travelling with Confidence grant
- hold an induction session for Brighter Days grant recipients