About this project
The City of Leeds promotes and celebrates IDOP each year in October to promote:
- a positive view of old age
- older people being enabled to lead active healthy and involved lives as citizens
- full participation of older people in the decisions and processes which affect their lives
- challenging the barriers faced by older people to independence, inclusion and equality
- older people being treated with respect and dignity at all times
Each year IDOP has a different theme. Community groups in Leeds can apply for a grant. The funding opens in late summer.
Read the IDOP 2021 report about events and activities bringing people together to celebrate ‘Linking Lives’.
IDOP Leeds is organised by Leeds Older People’s Forum with the support of Leeds City Council Public Health, Leeds City Council Adults & Health and Leeds City Council Equality and Diversity, Safer and Stronger Communities Team