Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month.
In October, among other activities, we have…
- hosted an Ageing Well event, for International Day of Older People (IDOP), in partnership with Leeds Rhinos Foundation.More than 20 organisations had a stall, and we signed up 17 new Age Friendly Ambassadors.
- delivered a public Wise Up to Ageism & Dementia Friends session at the Ageing Well Event
- delivered Dementia Friends sessions for Dr Laybourn & Partners, Opera North and The Old Fire Station
- invited all 279 Age Friendly Ambassadors to do a survey about the role, and different ways they might like to get involved. Results will be part of a review to be published in November.
- signed up Richmond Hill Elderly Action as our 150th Age and Dementia Friendly Organisation!
- hosted with Good Practice Mentor Jo Stapleton the first two workshops in a series to help people find who they want to reach through Warm Winter Hubs. They went really well. There’s obviously a need – there are more to come.
- attended the celebration of 10 years of ABCD work in Leeds and helped run a session. The Good Practice Mentor has now got a range of ABCD based learning sessions available online.
- supported the Age Friendly Steering Group to work with Dr Raabia Sattar (PhD) & Dr Ed Breckin (PhD) from Yorkshire and Humber Patient Safety Research Collaboration (PSRC) to review the ‘Manage My Meds’ online toolkit.
- analysed monitoring information from Enhance delivery partners to add to the business case for future funding.
- published ‘Enhance Learning Briefing 13 (Stories from the frontline: People, Prevention, Partnership’), with stories which illustrate the impact of Enhance support on patients and Neighbourhood Teams, the benefits of prevention and the power of partnerships to improve health.
- supported Get Online Week
- welcomed the following new members (over a longer period than October)
In November 2023 we expect to…
- host a stakeholder conference – ‘people ● prevention ● partnership’ – to share learning from year 2 of the Enhance programme
- attend the Centre for Ageing Better Conference in London
- facilitate a workshop with Enhance delivery partners and LCH/LCC to develop a falls pathway linked to the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service’s Safe & Well Checks
- complete an index of learning from all 14 Ageing Better partner organisations so people who would like to use the learning to improve their services can find things easily.
- run more webinars on Winter hubs:finding the older people you’d really like to reach
- hold inductions for delivery partner staff who are new to Enhance
- receive a decision on LOPF’s funding application to Motability
- submit our first round of monitoring to the Road Safety Trust for our Driving Change Together project