Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month.
In January, among other activities, we have…
- run a final Winter Hubs training session with colleague Jo Stapleton, and decided to revise the session for all year round projects. Details of all courses are available on Eventbrite.
- finished drafting an index of learning from Ageing Better. Keep an eye out for it.
- worked with Enhance delivery partners to submit qualitative and quantitative data which will be analysed by our evaluation partners.
- started planning the monitoring and evaluation requirements for the Creative, Healthy Ageing project (led by Leeds Public Health) and The Performance Ensemble, with support from LOPF)
- administered more than 90 applications to Household Support Fund, through our Forum Central Partnership with Volition.Funding is still available.
- started planning year 3 of Enhance, including how to measure success
- finished and tested BOSS workbooks
- continued training staff at Health For All on how to run BOSS sessions
- taken part in a Chapel FM Podcast, with 100% Digital Leeds and community members, on ‘the Age of Technology’.
- finished teaching BOSS to the 30 members of the Hong Kong Group
- took part in an interview with LCP on BOSS for their Two minutes with .. session
- launched the 21st Century Man street art and report
- delivered Wise Up to Ageism sessions to Anchor Housing, OWLS, Trinity Leeds and Bramley Elderly Action
- ran Dementia Friends sessions to Age and Dementia Friendly partners – Aire Valley Surgery, Zurich, South Leeds GP surgeries and Thornton Medical Centre
- signed up six new Age Friendly Ambassadors
- presented a session on ageing well with the Bramley Walking Wanderers to the Age Friendly Partnership
- launched the Mature Driver Appraisal
In February, we expect to…
- work with Leeds Community Healthcare colleagues, evaluators and delivery partners to plan the monitoring and evaluation requirements for year 3 of the Enhance programme
- collate data for the Driving Change Together end-of-project report for our funder The Road Safety Trust
- find out if we have 2.5 years additional funding for Men’s Health Unlocked
- plan for our next Equality Hub – February 27 – on theme ‘cost of living’
- deliver Wise Up to Ageism to Connecting Leeds and Zurich
- deliver Dementia Friends to Otley Action for Older People
- complete course with new BOSS group at Leeds Irish Health & Homes
- start a new BOSS course the Hamara women’s group.
- meet with new intern at University of Leeds who will be working with us to research how Age Friendly the university is
- hold an intergenerational workshop with Age Friendly Ambassadors and the school council at St Bartholomew’s School, Armley
- sign up more Ambassadors with lived experience of being older adults
- start a programme of marking awareness-raising day and weeks
- recruit two placement students from University of Leeds to help us measure what Age Friendly Ambassadors are doing in their role, and find out whether they would like to get involved in other ways