Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month.
In May, among other activities, we have…
- heard the fantastic news that our Travel Connections bid to the Department for Transport’s Tackling Loneliness with Transport fund has been successful!
- worked with Leeds Community Health Trust and our local delivery partners to develop the Enhance programme
- welcomed several new commitments from businesses seeking to be Age and Dementia Friendly
- supported Dementia Action Week, including a public Dementia Friends session
- published a blog on how and why to work in a person-centred way
- held an Age Friendly Ambassador Get Together on the 11 May which focused on Age Proud Leeds
- presented an awareness session on Dementia Friendly Leeds to Connect North
- hosted Leeds Dementia Commissioner Tim Sanders as guest speaker at the Age Friendly Steering Group
- updated and relaunched our Guide for businesses and organisations on ‘How to be Age and Dementia Friendly’
- taken part in the Ageing Better webinar on the importance of working in a people centred way.
In June 2022, we expect to…
- recruit new LOPF staff to the Travel Connections programme
- advertise a variety of jobs on the LOPF website for new roles within Travel Connections and Enhance programmes
- start a series of Enhance delivery partner induction sessions
- attend a final Ageing Better online event to explore and celebrate the work of the Ageing Better programme
- host a session on the role of Leeds Age Friendly Ambassadors, with Age Friendly Middlesbrough
- publish three more project reports from Time to Shine partners
- announce the appointment of our new CEO