Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and of what we expect to be doing next month.
In September, among other activities, we have…
- ran two workshops in Leeds Digital Festival
- managed an excellent short series of workshops on outreach with older people (run by Jo Stapleton, Good Practice Mentor, Camden)
- delivered Dementia Friends sessions to Burley Park Medical Centre and Otley Courthouse
- hosted an Age Friendly Ambassador networking event at Leeds City Museum
- published the end of project report for Health For All Connections, and blogs introducing the reports on In Mature Company, Cara Too, and Sunshine in Leeds.
- promoted the key messages and activities of Falls Prevention Week, in a Twitter campaign
- delivered a Spotlight session to Forum Central staff on our Friendly Communities project.
- met with delivery partners for all seven external Travel Connections projects
- held first Let’s Talk Transport best practise partner meeting
- arranged for Department for Transport representatives to take a ride in the BEA Happy Cab (funded by Travel Connections)
- delivered the final round of induction sessions for Enhance delivery partners
- held an Age Friendly Steering Group meeting with guest speakers from Ageing Without Children and Clarion Solicitors
- delivered a presentation to Primary Care Network managers encouraging GP surgeries to become more Age and Dementia Friendly.
In October 2022, we expect to…
- promote local events for International Day of Older People, on the theme of ‘the resilience and contributions of older women
- run an Enhance Cross sector learning event (October 19) for partners from Leeds Community Healthcare and third sector delivery partners, to share learning
- run Cycle Maintenance training as the first part of the Travel Connections Cycling Project
- hold a Cycle with Confidence taster event with Cycle North, at a Neighbourhood Network.
- work with the Preservative Party to prepare for the Age Friendly Steering Group to contribute to the Overlooked exhibition at Leeds City Museum.
- host a Welcome session for all new Age Friendly Ambassadors
- provide detailed monitoring returns to the Department for Transport for the Travel Connections programme
- gather detailed monitoring from Enhance delivery partners to understand the impact on participants
Communications Officer, LOPF