Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month.
In May, among other activities, we have…
- advertised for a new Friendly Communities Officer (closing date June 16)
- started a fantastic new project, continuing work as Good Practice Mentors for three more years, to share learning from Ageing Better across the UK.
- supported events in Dementia Action Week, including our own event – attended by over 80 people at Leeds Civic Hall.
- made 45 new Dementia Friends at sessions delivered to Leeds Trinity, Leeds BID, Yorkshire Dance and a public session.
- welcomed seven new organisations to our Age and Dementia Friendly Business scheme.
- worked on updating membership and welcomed five new LOPF members over the last couple of months.
- hosted monitoring and evaluation inductions for BOSS and Enhance programmes
- submitted a funding bid to the Road Safety Trust to develop a behaviour change campaign addressing road safety issues for older people.
- published three reports from our Travel Connections programme: Reflections on Let’s Talk Transport at Feel Good Factor , a collection of case studies from the Great Outdoors and Reflections on Senior Spin.
In June 2023, we expect to…
- receive a final draft of the Travel Connections programme evaluation from our external evaluation team, preparing for publication in July
- receive end of grant reports from all Healthy, Warm and Well grant recipients
- collect the first round of media literacy monitoring returns from BOSS delivery partners
- run a series of online courses, alongside the other Good Practice Mentors, during Loneliness Awareness Week 12-18 June.
- support media literacy sessions at Leeds Irish Health & Homes, and run sessions at Hamara, Feel Good Factor and Health For All, as part of our BOSS project.
- attend Making sense of media event at Bangor University with OFCOM, discussing CHAT GPT and the future of AI in the digital world
- run Northern Man Festival in Leeds – A week of activity to champion men’s health!